When winning is actually losing
Posted by Euroranger on June 6, 2013
This will be a very brief post because I figured that many of you may find yourselves in the same boat I found myself in earlier today.
I was reading the latest “scandal du jour” spawned from the magnificent leadership that is our President Barry when it struck me that I’d actually lost count of how many scandals this historical embarrassment of an administration has piled up. To be entirely fair, lately they’ve been falling out of this administration’s diseased uterus at a rate that practically nobody could keep up with so much so that you almost want to keep a scorecard (or need a program) to make sure the newer ones don’t eclipse the importance of the older ones…lest we forget.
So, anyway, without further ado, let me throw down a list of the scandals that call this administration “home”:
- The Blagojovokujojevich (or however you spell that walking hairpiece’s name) selling Barry’s Senate seat scandal
- The Joe Sestak bribery/influence peddling scandal
- The ignoring the Black Panthers voter intimidation scandal
- The Solyndra scandal (and all those like it)
- The Pigford scandal (the Agriculture Department money giveaway to minority farmers)
- The Fast and Furious, ATF gun-running into Mexico scandal
- AG Holder perjuring himself about the Fast and Furious scandal
- The dozens of Obama recess appointments scandal(s)
- The GSA, VA, HHS and IRS spending money like it was water scandals
- The Benghazi, abandoning Americans to die so we don’t offend Muslims, scandal (as well as the subsequent lying about it)
- The IRS suppressing political organizations with agendas contrary to those of the President scandal
- The Justice Department seizing telephone records of the AP scandal
- The Justice Department seizing work and personal telephone records for a Fox reporter because he helped publicize a story embarrassing to the administration scandal
- AG Holder blatantly perjuring himself when he said he knew nothing about the Fox reporter investigation scandal
- The EPA, Freedom of Information Act preferential-to-liberal-groups record requests scandal
- …and finally, today’s scandal: the NSA conducting a massive internal surveillance program that would make the KGB nod proudly
This guy has only been in office just over 5 years now and the above list is hardly exhaustive. I could have included Kathleen Sibelius being found to extort money from companies HHS would administer or her having violated the Hatch Act when she was blatantly campaigned for a Democrat candidate in North Carolina or even Barry’s own habit of executive rule changes, instructing federal agencies not to enforce laws passed by Congress and just, in general, acting like the laws of this country don’t apply to him (or to anyone in his administration, for that matter). Add to that the coming Obamacare debacle as well as his absolutely disastrous debt spending campaign that have us in the hole to the tune of around $17T by now.
I guess what I’m saying is, for all my study of American history, you’d have to go pretty damned far back in our past to find an administration and president as absolutely corrupt and dismissive of the rule of law as this guy. The real irony is that in 2008, the mass of young people who poured out of college campuses nationwide to support candidate Obama and vault him into the presidency were doing so because of what they perceived as Bush’s corruption. Outside of playing it safe and relying on questionable intelligence that was a product of the Clinton years, what scandals can we collectively recall from the Bush years? Sure as hell not this many. That all said, while this president’s administration is ever more quickly revealing itself to be the most anti-American, anti-taxpayer and thoroughly corrupt administration in generations, there is one American who casts his gaze on all this shit…and smiles:
So anyway, there’s your Obama Scandal Scorecard…for those of you playing along at home and trying like hell to keep up.
My name is Euroranger and I approved this message.