I’m a guy, living with my
Whenever I’m either not working or working I can be found working (via contracts) or perhaps gaming online. Whenever the lovely and talented Mrs. Ranger decrees that I’m to be absent from a computer, I can be found enjoying mastering the intricacies of slow cook barbecue, watching hockey, college football or Nascar (depending on the time of year), reading science fiction and generally striving (and even succeeding sometimes) to be a better husband and father.
I’ve lived in:
- Tampa, Florida,
- Lewisburg, West Virginia,
- Toronto, Mississauga and Hamilton Ontario Canada,
- Bradenton, Florida,
- Sarasota, Florida
- I currently afflict the Woodstock, Georgia area with my presence
Because I discuss politics, it’s probably a good idea to mention that I think of myself as a slightly right of center moderate. That means that I tend to reject more taxation, support less government spending, prefer to see a return of personal responsibility and believe government ought not to be in the business of crafting or trying to influence social policy.
Those are all nifty, typically conservative notions, right? Well, they won’t have me because I believe in a woman’s right to choose and believe that the current litmus test for determining viability as a Republican candidate that he/she has to kowtow to Christian evangelicals is disgusting, odious and entirely inappropriate. I’m not on board with the whole Republican opposition to gay marriage although I’m equally repulsed by the left’s homosexual agenda of rejecting “civil unions” in favor of “gay marriage”. I believe the difference is semantics but why go out of your way to try and hijack the word “marriage” if all it’s for is to piss others off?
And so as to be an equal opportunity pisser offer, for Democrats I dislike the blatant race-baiting, the disingenuous notion that “the rich” are the problem with our system and that they should be milked, I believe our borders should be locked down and illegal immigrants (not that pansy-ass “undocumented workers” phrase either) rounded up, charged with their crimes, prosecuted and deported…while at the same time vastly upping legal visa quotas to Mexico and Central America. You want to come here, fill out the paperwork and get in line.
My political compass is almost as perfectly centered as one can get as illustrated by the graphed results of a common internet questionnaire:
Oh, and just randomly:
- I own 4 guns (2 pistols, 1 rifle, 1 shotgun) and am licensed to carry concealed but I’m not a member of the NRA
- Believe in God but don’t regularly attend a church
- Have a very keen and detailed awareness of America’s past (BA in History)
- Think we don’t need a military that can wage two wars simultaneously but mostly because there are allies who don’t do enough to defend themselves and rely upon us to bail them out if the s**t hits the fan